#1 RuthG

RuthG

Silver Birch Selection Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

Hi Folks -

I am starting here trying to get this thing going. Please introduce yourself once you are here. More to come...

#2 Kim O

Kim O

Silver Birch Selection member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:20 PM

:rolleyes: Hi Ruth,

I received my first box last week. Now it's time to get busy reading.

Kim

#3 Laura321

Laura321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:23 PM

I've also received a box of books. Looking forward to posting!

#4 Tayzer

Tayzer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

Hi there! Just finished Colette and the Silver Samovar and was looking for a place to respond. Is this site going to be set up similar to the LNG with a page for each book?
Looking forward to reading more good stories.
Tayzer:)

#5 RuthG

RuthG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

Hi there - yes it will be set up soon - as soon as I can figure out how to get to a private section - which I seem to be unable to find thus far.

#6 RuthG

RuthG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

Well thanks to Michelle and Julie I have finally figured this out and have posted the first book! You are reading this in the unprotected section. You should be able to find the protected section for Silver Birch by scrolling down the main forum page or by using the drop down window that appears on the lower right under these posts. If you cannot see this let me know asap as that probably means your permissions are not set properly (which was my problem) and I will contact OLA to straighten that out.

I have some errands to run so I will finish up posting the contents of the first box of books later today.

If you have not faxed your confidentiality forms to OLA please do so immediately.

Ruth

#7 SueZQ

SueZQ

SIlver Birch Selection member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:reading, scrapbooking, sports, movies, travel

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

Hello all,

I am looking forward to receiving some books, however, since I wasn't home they sent them back. Are we using a different shipper this year? Last year they sent them to the post office if I wasn't home which worked out well.

I have found 4 of the titles at the local libraries and have read those in the meantime. I'm glad that you sent us the titles by email.

Sue

#8 SueZQ

SueZQ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hi Ruth,

I don't see the protected section for Silver Birch and I am listed as a Newbie rather than a Selection Member.

Thanks, Sue

#9 Laura321

Laura321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:03 AM

Hi All,

Just curious to know whether people have started posting in the protected site? I don't see any of the books listed. Should I?

Thanks!
-Laura

#10 SueZQ

SueZQ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

Does anyone know when the voting deadline is? I can just see that it says April but I don't know an exact date. I'd like to set my voting day with my school.

Sue

#11 Liberator55

Liberator55

Forest of Reading

• Forest Steering - SB (NF)
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

Hi Folks Gail Sedgewick, here at long last. Teacher Librarian i York Region and co-chair of the Forest. As chair I don't get a vote on the final choices, but I will be involved in the debate. Looking forward to another great year. I'll be in touch.
g

#12 Kim O

Kim O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

Hi Ruth,

I see the call for volunteers for the Reading awards. Do I need to reapply? I don't see anything in my notes that tells me how long I am committed for.

Kim

#13 Kristina Rose

Kristina Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I was unable to make it to our first selection committee teleconference. Thank you for the meeting notes!

B) Kristina

#14 Jody

Jody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Reading, quilting, knitting, baking and cooking, drooling over new recipes in hopes of having time to make them!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Unfortunately I was unable to make it to the conference call either yesterday. I am eager to get the first shipment and begin this process!

Jody

#15 Kristina Rose

Kristina Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone apart of the selection committee has received there first package of books? I have yet to receive mine.

Kristina

#16 Karen-Anne

Karen-Anne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

Hi, I received a box of books today. Question: Are we looking at books for both the Silver Birch Fiction and the Silver Birch Express programs? I am sure that some of the books in my box must be for the express program?

#17 Genevieve

Genevieve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hello! I have my box of books and will start reading today! I can't seem to find the protected section at all! Is there a direct link? Thanks!

#18 Kristina Rose

Kristina Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hello, I too recieved my books on the 22nd of February. Some of my books are also more appropriate for the express program. Is there a more protected section that we are supposed to be posting on? I have been keeping notes on the books I have read because I know we will need to post our top choices somewhere at the end, but do we need to post some place other than here before then?

#19 RuthG

RuthG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yes Kristina - you should see the protected sections if you scroll down the main forum page - if you don't see it, it means you have not been given permissions which should have happened already so let me know. And we look at books for both regular and Express and will be choosing the fiction selections for both.

Ruth ruth.gretsinger@dsbn.org

#20 Penny

Penny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

Hi all,
I've finally got my act together computing wise (or not). I've read my first box and will figure out how to post. Look out Janice, the next box will be in the mail soon!